What are the different plumbing services?
Due to the high number of plumbing-related problems, the plumbing industry continues to offer different types of plumbing services.
This is to guarantee everyone they can cater to every problem that may arise. What are the different types of plumbing services? As of 2018, the top five plumbing services are for drainage, gas fitting, mechanical, and water supply.
What are the different types of plumbing?
1. Drainage Services
The most common plumbing problem that occurs in the drain is clogs. As much as everyone wishes to think that problems occur on drains only, it’s doesn’t. Flooding, recurring clogs, slow-moving and foul odors coming out from the drain are just some of the serious problems that a professional plumber needs to fix.
But you have nothing to worry about because there are professional plumbers that are trained and licensed to do the job. The drainage service’s scope of work is as follows, but not limited to:
- Drain cleaning, maintenance, and repair (residential and commercial)
- Sewer cleaning, maintenance, inspection and testing
- Underground drains clearing and repair
- Installation and removal of sewer treatment systems
- Kitchen, bathroom and basement plumbing
- Catch basin cleaning
2. Water Supply Services
This is the main problem of plumbing. Leakages on slabs, backflows, and blockages are just a few of the worse problems you can possibly encounter. Thankfully, in every problem, there is an effective solution. The solution is covered in the water supply services scope of work.
- Installation, maintenance, repair, inspection and testing of hot/cold water supply (kitchen and bathrooms)
- Installation, maintenance, repair, inspection, and testing hot water systems (traditional option and solar)
- Connecting the rainwater tanks for flushing toilets and garden irrigation
3. Gas Plumbing Services
The good advantage of the plumbing field is they aren’t limited to installation, repair, and maintenance of water-related supply lines and pipes. They cover other jobs as well, like gas fitting.
Unfortunately, it is also the one element that can expose everyone to danger (e.g. inhalation of too much carbon monoxide and fire). Unlike with water-related plumbing problems, you can’t postpone the repair schedule of gas-related plumbing no matter how small the problem is.
Call a professional plumber that is certified and licensed for gas plumbing. The scope of work for this service are as follows, but not limited to:
- Installation, maintenance, repair, inspection and testing of barbecue grill, cooktops, hot water heater unit, and ovens
- Installation, inspection, and testing of natural gas fitting and LPG lines
- Installation and maintenance of gas fireplace
4. Mechanical Services
Heat, air ventilation, and cooling are the systems that complete the comfortable setting in every building. To ensure that you will enjoy the benefits they are providing, make sure to have it checked and maintained regularly. The mechanical services scope of work includes, but is not limited to:
- Installation, maintenance, repair, inspection and testing of heating units – ducted, hydronic, swamp coolers, space heater, and split systems
- Installation and fabrication of sheet metal ductwork
- Installation, maintenance, repair, inspection and testing of medical gas equipment for hospitals and clinics purposes
5. Emergency Plumbing Services
Since plumbing problems occur at any time, many aren’t so surprising anymore. Though many are aware of the possibility of plumbing-related emergencies, no one is prepared for the stress it can cause. To ensure you will never face it alone, call for the assistance of a professional plumber.
The emergency plumbing service scope of work includes inspection, installation, maintenance, repair, and testing of the following:
- All plumbing fixtures
- Sewer and stormwater drains
- Skylights and vents in the roof
Plumbers encounter different problems every single day. Some are easy to troubleshoot, but there are some that need major replacement or repair. If you are doubtful of the problem’s complexity level, you can always seek a professional plumber for advice.